Welcome to Watertown
The Watertown Local Development Corporation (WLDC) is a 501-(c) 3 public benefit corporation engaging in economic development in the City of Watertown. The WLDC exists to help move your strategic business plans forward. Financing options and incentives through the WLDC:
- Fixed-interest loans for real estate, machinery and equipment
- Working Capital financing
- Leasehold improvement financing
- Assists in securing primary financing through commercial banks
There are many demographics and resources that make Watertown NY the ideal location for many types of businesses and industries. Here are just a few:
- Close to Fort Drum, home of the U.S. Army the 10 Mountain Division, Light Infantry, the county's largest employer, infusing over $500 million annually into the local economy.
- Located close to abundant natural resources Lake Ontario, Thousand Islands,St. Lawrence River, Tug Hill Plateau and Adirondack Mountains.
- Higher education can be found locally at Jefferson Community College, and within 90 minutes you can reach nine different universities and colleges.
- The City of Watertown (pop. 27,000) is the county seat of Jefferson County (pop. 115,000), and the largest city in Northern New York.
- Jefferson County offers exceptional health care, and is home to a number of excellent public and private schools.
- The Northern New York area offers an available and affordable real estate market.
Why Do We Exist?
We exist to foster an environment of cooperation between City Government, Economic Development Agencies and the private sector with the goal of promoting economic expansion and prosperity in the City of Watertown. To use the LDC’s financial resources to leverage other investment, with the goal of job creation, retention and elimination of blight.